Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Picture A Christmas

I love this idea by Julie Hawkins! (I saw it on Facebook) I would like to make them large (each picture 8 1/2 x 11) so they can see them really well. These are her instructions: Picture a Christmas: I first asked the children what picture came to their mind when I said the word “Christmas.” The answers included Christmas tree, Santa, gifts, baby Jesus love etc. I then told them I wanted to create a beautiful Christmas picture in our minds and then put up the middle picture. We put the first bubbled picture up and sang that line. We then added the second and learned it and then added it to the first. We then added the third and learned it and then sang it with the first and second etc. After all the pictures were up, we started taking them down and I had the kids sing the pictures we took down without me. My juniors learned this song in one week! I have a magnetic white board in my primary room so I bought a roll of adhesive magnet strip and put magnets on the back of all my pictures. This made it so easy putting pictures up and taking them down quickly. I'm hoping to get this ready for this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment