Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2019

Battleship Song Review

This Battleship Primary Program Songs Review was a bit hit when we did it last year. (Thanks to those who shared their ideas and files!) I plan to use again this year as the program gets closer. I realized after the fact that the dice are only six sided and my grid has seven rows!! So I moved all the ships so that nothing is parked in G or 7. My version that we’re playing tomorrow is that each ship section is marked with a verse of one of our songs that we have learned. The kids will roll the die that will choose the letter and number to bomb. I will mark it hit or miss and will sing the verse if it’s a hit!


I just googled images on the internet to use on it. If it's helpful, these are the ones I used:


I cut off the bottom part and then used a font program to make the word Primary to match. You could print it in a white font or cut it out and shade it with grey and black colored pencils or crayons.

I drew the lines and printed a picture of a simple alphabet because I wanted the squares around them but you could just type it in a word document like I did the numbers.


Or you could do a grid like this:


I used these for the battleships:


And for the markers (hits and misses) I used a pdf file that Sister Tashia Glen posted on the FB page Latter-Day Saint Primary Music Leaders. (LOVE that page, I get LOTS of ideas from there!) You could also make your own big red "X"s and hit bursts.


No comments:

Post a Comment